Starrett tool valuation assistance?

The 1-2 mike is not worth a lot, lots of them out there on E Bay, and that one looks well used, having so much missing paint on the frame, the other items are looking nice, but I see only one rod with the depth mike, that limit's it's value; are there any more rods in the box under the paper? The inside mike set is quite nice, I'f look up the items online or on e bay as completed items, and get an idea as to value. I dont think the 1-2 mike would be worth more than perhaps $20 - 30, the other items likely about half of new list. The items are in nice condition for the most part, but we must consider that with manufacturing so far down in the US that there is a great surplus of such tools on the market, and hobbyist folk are not, for the most part, given to free spending.

Thanks much - what about the carbide cutting tools? I have no idea what these are worth if anything - I imagine could less than the cost of the blank or much more because of the geometry ground into them. My guess is you guys make these for specific jobs as needed.....
PS: These tools were used in the manufacturing machine shop of a large US based electrical machinery manaufacturer.

The cutting tools would not have much value, I think, maybe 20 bucks or so, but you never know --- seems like, these days, most hobbyists like to use nothing but insert tooling, a whole lot of them never learned to grind a HSS tool ( I do not think any of them are carbide, by the looks of them).

I second the advice to check completed auctions. Pay attention to condition, the price is a steep function of condition. Of your items, the depth micrometer, depth gauge and inside micrometer look to be in better condition. The depth mike would be more valuable if it had more rods. The inside mike is probably the most valuable item. The tool bits look to be HSS; there isn't that much interest in pre-ground HSS bits. If you can report the brands of the HSS and they are old American, it might get a little more interest.

It also appears that none of the mikes have their standards.

Back