Starting Atlantic 4-4-2 Locomotive

Patrick

Registered
Registered
Hi Guy's, just thought I would post a couple of pictures of the Yankee Friends Atlantic 4-4-2 Locomotive that I started on a few weeks back. I was going to wait until next winter but it was either start this project or paint the inside of the house for my bride. Looks like I'll paint later, Hee Hee So far I have the loco side frame rails, main bearings, trailer truck frame and bearings, and the boiler water feed pump machined and mounted.

Ya'll take care
Patrick

P1020054.JPG P1020055.JPG P1020056.JPG P1020057.JPG P1020058.JPG

Patrick,

That's an interesting project you got going on there. What are the overall dimensions ?
Post some pics as you move along with it ,love to see the progress.

William

That looks like it is going to be a work of art! I too am curious as to what the dimensions are...

I don't mind painting the interior of the house. I find the act of painting by itself is enjoyable! It's moving the furniture, doing all the prep work, the clean up and moving everything back that is utterly unbearable.

Patrick,

That's an interesting project you got going on there. What are the overall dimensions ?
Post some pics as you move along with it ,love to see the progress.

William

William, the engine is approx. 26" long, 10" high and 8" wide, runs on 3 1/2" wide track, I think it will pull 4 adults on flat track with maybe a shallow grade now and then. Boiler is 5 1/8" diameter, main wheels are 5" diameter. So far it's been a fun project but the real work is yet to come.
Patrick

- - - Updated - - -

That looks like it is going to be a work of art! I too am curious as to what the dimensions are...

I don't mind painting the interior of the house. I find the act of painting by itself is enjoyable! It's moving the furniture, doing all the prep work, the clean up and moving everything back that is utterly unbearable.

Hey Dataporter, if we were closer together I would invite you over for a painting party, but looks like the wife will have to wait.

Hi Guy's, just thought I would post a couple of pictures of the Yankee Friends Atlantic 4-4-2 Locomotive that I started on a few weeks back. I was going to wait until next winter but it was either start this project or paint the inside of the house for my bride. Looks like I'll paint later, Hee Hee So far I have the loco side frame rails, main bearings, trailer truck frame and bearings, and the boiler water feed pump machined and mounted.

Ya'll take care
Patrick

Most excellent choice my Man, excellent choice! ;^)

Very nice start on a wonderful engine! Please post more pics and details as you move forward on this project!

Back