Starting 'em out early... My daughter's first metalworking project

Thanks for shareing John.

Perhaps we can have H-M section just for the kids, a sort of Jnr/ family membership, so they can see their projects in print . This may encorage others to have a go, along with pop or grandad,

Has anyone got a story of a project the wife/girlfriend made???

Brian.

I think that I am the only major project that my wife is working on. :p :biggrin:

-Ron
When a man meets a woman and falls in love, he doesn't want her to change a bit.
when a woman meets a man and falls in love, she sees raw material...:lmao:

What an awesome beginning for a little girl. Keep it up with her, and she'll be running circles around the boys in the machine shop and repair arena.

Especially these days...it seems that kids today have absolutely no interest in any of this stuff. As early as I can remember, I wanted to know how things worked and took things apart and put them back together to see how they worked.

I have 3 sons, ages 21 and twin boys ,18. Only one of the boys even shows marginal interest in anything mechanical. It makes me sad really! I feel bad for them. Some day when they have to pay some guy $2000 (knowing or not knowing that they could have done it for under $500 in parts, and a half day of their time) to have their car fixed they're gonna wish they had payed a little more attention to dear old dad. :(

Back