Starting My New Cannon

chief

Active User
Registered
I know this is not what you would call Gunsmithing but i'm having fun making chips, LOL,
I found this 3 inch Brass round stock at the junk yard the day and got it cheap,
I made a 12 inch Aluminum Cannon a few years ago and I have wanted to make a Brass Cannon for a long time,
The brass one is 17 1/2 inches long with a 1 inch bore and is 28 LBS. it is going to look good when I get it all done.
this is a picture of the Aluminum one,
AlumCannon001.jpg
and here is the start of the Brass one.
Cannon002.jpg
Cannon002.jpg
Cannon005.jpg

Cannon009.jpg

AlumCannon001.jpg

AlumCannon001.jpg

Cannon002.jpg

Cannon002.jpg

Cannon002.jpg

Cannon002.jpg

Cannon005.jpg

Cannon005.jpg

Cannon009.jpg

Cannon009.jpg

Cannon002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Chief.
Thats sweet. Are you planning to make it capable of firing a small charge or is it display only? It would be pretty neat if you could get it to fire a smoke cloud like a real cannon. Just a thought.
Bob

No i don't plan on firing it, it is just to look at, i though it would look good in my office in the house with all my other navy things.
NavyFlag003.jpg

NavyFlag003.jpg

NavyFlag003.jpg

I like it!

I'd probably fire it into the yard of a neighbor I don't like,
except that I get along with everyone around here. :lmao:

Nelson

I have Started working on the wood parts for the cannon, but I'm slow and not so good when it come to working with wood.
I will put up some more pictures when I get it done.

Hi Guys: Well yesterday I got my Brass Cannon done, and the wood work came out better than I hoped for, so here is some pictures.
Cannon2008.jpgCannon2006.jpg

Cannon2008.jpg

Cannon2008.jpg

Cannon2006.jpg

Cannon2006.jpg

it took me about two weeks, I worked on it when I had time, and didn't keep track of the hours,

Back