Starting on a one shot oil manifold

I added a picture, working on a concept.

Looks like your off to a good start!

Correct Brento one shot oiler system, I would also like to find a 4mm 90* tapered seat fitting with an anti drain back feature to keep the oil in the line.

So your intentions are to install the bar into 2 oiling points and then only have to oil once and have a little reservoir for it as well

The Norton box has 15 drip oil holes where the bar is located, and one of the most popular modifications is the one shot system. The original has one hole on the side that you shoot oil into, and it randomly finds the holes to lubricate the gears, and shaft bearings. It also just drips oil all over the drip pan because it is not an enclosed system, drip oiling. I have a temporary/permanent catch tray that will give me HACK ROYALTY status till I get bothered enough to change it.

You do not need an inline check valve, there is one in the Bijur pump. They sell various right angle 1/8NPT to 4mm tube fittings through some on-line specialty sites (see below on eBay) and also Acer ( supramachinetool on eBay). They do have one way check/metering valves, I have found them not necessary in this application. I have used aluminum 4mm tubing for the distribution to the holes, I use a wire stripper cutter <> which seems not to crush the tube, I use metal epoxy but you could thread them also. Alternative is using brass manifold and soldering in copper or brass tubes, or as David does making a full distribution aluminum manifold. Lots of examples posted.

Attachments

• BIJUR SPECIALTY FITTINGS 151.pdf
    530.3 KB · Views: 9
Back