Steady Rest & Follow Rest

Yorkus

Registered
Registered
I have a 6" Follow Rest and 12" Steady Rest that I am looking to sell.
I'm not a big fan of eBay & Paypal. I guess I don't qualify to sell items on this site.
Where is the best place to sell items & what are they worth?

Thanks, for the input.

Yorkus,

Over the years, we've tried numerous ways to allow buying and selling on this site with most being either too much trouble or unenforceable. The current rules (Premium members and above can sell, all can buy) seem to work the best with the least trouble for the site. So for $25 per year, you can sell any metal working related items. Beyond that, your best bet is eBay. TANSTAAFL.

A quick check of completed listings on eBay says that either item may sell for anywhere between $100 and $200, with most going for $150 or a little less.

"Beyond that, your best bet is eBay. TANSTAAFL."

Robert. TANSTAAFL???? What is this please?

HAH! Imagine my embarrassment when I realized you answered the question and I thought you hadn't! LOL..

First popularized by SF author Robert A. Heinlein in one of his novels back in the 1940's. Usually written out as:

There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch. The current best bad example of the proof of it is eBay and their "Free Shipping".

Takes me back to the mid-fifties " The Moon is a Harsh Mistress?" all too easy
to flip me back to when I knew something ...... BLJHB.

That's a nice looking steady rest for a 6" Atlas. Did you fabricate it? Do we have plans for one for a 12" Atlas? I think I'd like it with a square head bolt with a spring and a captive 12-point wrench for quick release of the way clamp. What are the cam followers made from? Thanks for sharing.

I have the detaileddrawing, but it's not legal to post here. I don't have rights to the drawing.
I will find the magazine link and post soon. I'm sure the model/drawing can be adapted to a 12" lathe.

The cam followers are from McMaster Carr. Too bad your not in the states (I have several dozens good used ones).

Back