Steampunk folding knife

JF-Knives

Registered
Registered
Hi guy's, I'm new here. This is my first post. My name is Joost and I make knives for hobby. I started making knives in the fall of 2013. Before that date I never ever made something of any type of steel. After one year of making fixed blades I started making folding knives. Now I'm mostly make steampunk folding knives and I like that. I finished one last year and I started making a new one in 06-2017, that one is now almost finished (after a year of work). This knives are mostly made by hand with the help of a small lathe and a small milling machine. Most of the tools and machines I need I make myself like my belt grinders and disc sander.

I first did have to learn working with steel and with the lathe and milling machine before I could make something with them. I mostly learned watching Youtube vid's.

Pictures of my work so far.

My first steampunk knife called "Aurora" Used brass, copper, O1 tool steel, Glass, The piston moves when you open the blade.

_DSC6641.jpg_DSC6642.jpg
IMG_0164.jpgIMG_0165.jpg
My second steampunk knife is almost finished. It's called "Eagle"

Used custom made damascussteel, brass, copper, glass, South African Black coral. Alle the brass I did 24K gold plate. When turning the damascussteel wheel the mechanical iris opens and reveals my brand logo cut out the brass wing.

w.b.r.
Joost

Amazing attention to detail - very nice work, Joost!

Ok, I can see why those might take about a year to do! Wow, neat stuff.

-frank

Excellent work, Very imaginative!

That is very inspiring and beautiful work.
Thank you for showing it.

Back