Stepper Driver Help Please

GrandpaFixit

Registered
Registered
I'm doing the Clough42 ELS on my G0602. I have everything working perfectly on my bench with a NEMA 24 closed loop stepper motor and CL57Y driver. Then decided to go with a larger NEMA 34 closed loop stepper motor and CL86T driver. I set it all up the same for bench testing but now the stepper motor turns the same direction regardless of the direction the encoder is turning. In other words if I turn the spindle encoder clockwise the stepper motor turns clockwise. If I turn the spindle encoder counter clockwise the stepper motor still turns clockwise. Any idea how I can remedy this? I'm new to stepper driver setup but I can follow directions and learn quickly if anyone is willing to help.

Thanks in advance.

James

markba633csi

Registered
Registered
The driver usually needs two signals: step and direction. Sounds like the direction signal is missing or disconnected. It's usually a logical high or low- you should be able to probe that with a dc voltmeter
-Mark

GrandpaFixit

Registered
Registered
The driver usually needs two signals: step and direction. Sounds like the direction signal is missing or disconnected. It's usually a logical high or low- you should be able to probe that with a dc voltmeter
-Mark
You were exactly right. It was nothing but a loose connection at the driver. Thank you very much for setting me on the right path. Sometimes I overthink things and lose sight of the basics.
-James

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock