Stepper Motor And Controlle

LEM

Registered
Registered
I would like to put a stepper motor on my rose engine lathe to drive the spindle. I need a source for a motor and a controller box for on/off fwd/rev and speed control. I don't want to hook up to a compute to set it up. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Mike is correct. Ebay is a good source for steppers, drivers, and controllers. I buy most of mine there.

The real question is how much torque is required and what RPM range do you need.

I would like to put a stepper motor on my rose engine lathe to drive the spindle. I need a source for a motor and a controller box for on/off fwd/rev and speed control. I don't want to hook up to a compute to set it up. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

I can fix you up with a controller with those features. This one is setup as a power feed for a mini mill, the display is in inches per minute, I can make the display read RPM if you wish or make it without one.
The motor is up to you, this is for a bipolar motor 4 wire, 6 or 8 wire unipolar motors can be used as well.

The motor shown is a 420 in/oz NEMA 34, I won't sell my motor

Last edited:
I can fix you up with a controller with those features. This one is setup as a power feed for a mini mill, the display is in inches per minute, I can make the display read RPM if you wish or make it without one.
The motor is up to you, this is for a bipolar motor 4 wire, 6 or 8 wire unipolar motors can be used as well.

The motor shown is a 420 in/oz NEMA 34, I won't sell my motor
what kit did you use?

what kit did you use?
No kit.

I bought a power supply a stepper driver, a freq meter, a voltage stepdown board and a 555 timer and did some math to figure out the pulse rates and speed control.

My father was an electronics engineer... you don't get raised by one without being taught.

Now for the $64,000 question, what is it you want to rotate and how fast?

This is what you are looking to build but yours will have a few more parts as you will need a second power supply.

141028_0001.jpg

Back