stihl saw

Kernbigo

Active User
Registered
Has anyone added a decompression valve to a 032 stihl chain saw, my saw stared pulling over so hard it want to break your arm?

Has anyone added a decompression valve to a 032 stihl chain saw, my saw stared pulling over so hard it want to break your arm?

I haven't added a compression release, but I do have a couple of questions.

How long have you had the saw? Did the saw just start kicking back?

I see by this site, http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...ecc6e704d1c2bc1b88256ba200491ccd?OpenDocument, that this saw has ignition points. Have you adjusted the points? The saw could be firing too soon and that would be what you're feeling.

Take the muffler off and burn it out it may be gummed up inside and making it hard to start

You might want to check the key on the flywheel. I have a stihl saw like that and it pulls really easy.....somethings not right with yours. I mention the flywheel key because I have had that problem on other small engines and they acted about the same way as your saw. It could be that the flywheel has turned just enough to mess up your timing but not so much that it won't run at all.

Chuck

You might want to check the key on the flywheel. I have a stihl saw like that and it pulls really easy.....somethings not right with yours. I mention the flywheel key because I have had that problem on other small engines and they acted about the same way as your saw. It could be that the flywheel has turned just enough to mess up your timing but not so much that it won't run at all.

Chuck

OP, if the key is sheared, something to keep in mind that the taper holds the flywheel in place on the crankshaft. The key is just an alignment. The taper needs to be clean, free from grease.

I have had the saw for 25 years, a great saw, started acting up last year, reset the coil gap last year was ok tell now. I pulled the fly wheel key is ok. It pulls so hard want to break you arm. Going to check compression today, has to be way up there. I have a hunch gas it leaking in to the crank case while sitting. I f you can get it started it runs great.

Back