Still another good PM experience

Bill Kahn

Registered
Registered
Three plus years ago I bought PM’s 1030V lathe and 25MV mill. I was a complete beginner. Three years of Saturdays and I have now graduated to beginner. I can sort of make simple stuff. Mostly. (Not copper).

Anyway, through those years I have had a range of questions for PM. Some just because I am clueless. Some because I managed to break a machine (feeding it into itself). Some because the machine just up and broke all by itself. (well, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.)

On every email PM has gotten back to me within a workday. Often within the hour. They have been patient, looked at the photos (and videos) suggested things to try, and have held my hand to get my machines back to health. On multiple occasions now they have simply sent me out needed replacement parts (special nuts, gears, sensors, circuit boards). For no charge. Just bam—the problem is diagnosed and the next email just says the part’s in the mail. Two days later, here it is.

Of all the vendors I have worked with over the decades, and considering all parts of my life and hobbies, Precision Matthews I can honestly say, is the best.

Yes, I continue to buy small stuff from them, but there is really no way to thank them for such excellent support/service. They have made getting into hobby machining a real joy.

If you are on the fence about buying from PM or not, I suggest you do. Having this kind of vendor supporting you is worth much more than whatever incremental cost there may be.

-Bill
(No connection at all to PM—just a happy customer.)

That’s a great review. It’s nice to hear about companies which think long term.

It's repeated positive comments like this about PM, and now my own experience with asking them questions* prior to buying a machine, that have made me certain that I'm making a smart move to buy from them.

*back and forth probably 10 times now, always answered almost immediately

I bought a PM 25 mill just because every one seems happy with the machines and also the support given from the vendor. Really nice to know I made a correct decision on who to buy from.
Joe in STL

940 mill, and a 1236 lathe. bought the mill, about 3 yrs later, bought the lathe. Very good people to buy from, and very helpful after the sale.

About 4 years ago I bought my PM1440HD from them after doing way too much research. They were good about getting some factory screw-ups corrected. I've bought some misc. stuff from them since. Might be just a bit more expensive but I feel that's cheap insurance compared to buying from very risky operations like Banggood.

Back