straighten a trailer axel

Been there, done that, but really old school (no laser, instead bubbles). 44,000 pounds capacity axles (for the pair) (20000 kg. for the pair.)

Using both lasers and a yard stick.....I love it!
-brino

Been there, done that, but really old school (no laser, instead bubbles). 44,000 pounds capacity axles (for the pair) (20000 kg. for the pair.)
We usually make a rough attitude and send to a workshop that has the tools

Right after high school I worked for a guy who rebuilt wrecked (totaled) agriculturial equipment (tractors, combines and etc.) and big trucks & pickups. The guy was a master craftsman and taught me so much. It was common place to make a good vehicle or implement out of 3 or 4 totals. Each was built to tighter specs (frame, body gaps, alignment, paint & decals, etc.) than factory. We did it all with basic tools (yardsticks and string), flame and/or tension straightening and sandpaper. He taught me detail and perfection and how to get it. I sure owe him a lot, God rest his ornery soul.

Right after high school I worked for a guy who rebuilt wrecked (totaled) agriculturial equipment (tractors, combines and etc.) and big trucks & pickups. The guy was a master craftsman and taught me so much. It was common place to make a good vehicle or implement out of 3 or 4 totals. Each was built to tighter specs (frame, body gaps, alignment, paint & decals, etc.) than factory. We did it all with basic tools (yardsticks and string), flame and/or tension straightening and sandpaper. He taught me detail and perfection and how to get it. I sure owe him a lot, God rest his ornery soul.
My grandfather was a blacksmith, so he taught me a lot. I usually get help from an old Finnish man when it's a big job.
Never underestimate old people they know more than you think

Back