[4]

Stupid questions thread

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Duke

Registered
Let's start with one:

I want to clean up as I work but I can't seem to find any magnets that will pick up brass and aluminium chips....

tjb

Terry
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
One of the most frustrating things to me is when you pay good money for a box of cap screws and have to throw half of them away because the cap is on the wrong side. I used to throw them away, but then I realized how stupid that was. Those go on the other side of whatever it is you're making.

jbobb1

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
I've been saving up for the 'put back' milling cutter. I'm having trouble finding it!
I bought one but it never worked according to the instructions! I think the guy I bought it off of was messing with my head!

Tom1948

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
I lent my skyhook out and it was never retuned.

Tom1948

Crecent Wrench? I thought that was a West Virginia wratchet.

Superburban

Is this a case of Wednesday Weirdness?
Where is my left-handed Crescent wrench?
Sorry, I thought you would not notice that it was missing. It looks so great in my tool box, next to my metric adjustable. Now I just need a left handed metric to complete the collection.

hman

Active User
I lent my skyhook out and it was never retuned.
It's in my shop, holding up the Unistrut I use to drape electric cords to various tools.
HPIM5988.JPG

Superurban: "Sorry, I thought you would not notice that it was missing. It looks so great in my tool box, next to my metric adjustable. Now I just need a left handed metric to complete the collection."

Metric "crescent" wrench? Also in my shop.
HPIM5991.JPG

Last edited:

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
I bought a box of bolts but did not realize they were left hand. No wonder they were so cheap. I'm right handed so those bolts are useless to me.

Also I must be buying the wrong type of cutting fluid all the time. I spray the cutting fluid on but nothing ever gets cut. I've sat there waiting for hrs & never saw anything happen.

Superburban

Why does my Metric mini lathe have speeds in RPMs? I think they may have put the wrong motor on.

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Made in USA cuts imperial
Made in England cuts metric
Made in Japan cuts both
Made in China cuts neither
Made in Japan cuts metric, it's made in Taiwan that cuts both. Made in China cuts whatever you pay them to. But if the CM wants cheap like often the case, China will cut close enough. :D

Mitch Alsup

Registered
I've been saving up for the 'put back' milling cutter. I'm having trouble finding it!
You need the throwing attachment--the throwing attachment takes the chips and throws then to the bonding surfaces so the put-back milling bonder edge can bind the chip back to the part.

[5] [7]