Stupid questions thread

Metric "crescent" wrench?

I've got me a Canadian "crescent wrench". Not sure if it's imperial or metric. The Canadian who I first saw had it calls it a "thumb detecting nut rounder". Well the last word is not what he calls it but I can't post that word here. :D

20170105_180012.jpg

I've got me a Canadian "crescent wrench". Not sure if it's imperial or metric. The Canadian who I first saw had it calls it a "thumb detecting nut rounder". Well the last word is not what he calls it but I can't post that word here. :D

View attachment 296944
Naw ... that's a wrench specifically designed for the "Primitive Pete" kinda folks who use a Crescent wrench as a hammer.

PS - For all of you who aren't yet fogies ... Primitive Pete was the "anti-hero" in a series of "How to do it" shop movies I saw while in Junior High (as best I can recall.)

Speaking of screws. I need to buy me some more of these to finish some of my projects.

attachment-12.jpg

Hey Will !!! I have the tools to make these threads ! You need a few or do you have them already ?? :big grin:

( this has always been my favorite by far )

Like the guy who bought a chainsaw cause his friend told him it was faster than a bucksaw.
After a week the guy brought it back for a refund cause he found it slower than a bucksaw. When the mechanic started the chainsaw to check it out the guy said 'what's that noise?'.

I need to get a screw out of a board, but all I can find are screw drivers. Not a damn screw remover in the whole shop.
You need to get yourself a German screwdriver. The German word for screwdriver is "Schraubenzieher," literally screw "puller" or screw "draw-er."

Back