Stupid Questions

Have a great trip and if youre shooting I hope you do as well as you would like. Thanks for the offer too!!!
Bob

I'll Be shooting Service Pistol and te Presidents 100. Been so busy I didn't get time to shoot much so there's no sence entering the match. I will meet my 2 sons there, all of us have been going since 1983, haven't missed a year! Also my son is two times National Match Winner (Shot with service pistol)

Have a good time. I know the best pistol shooters drop a ton of brass to stay sharp. Gotta laugh at pistol owners who buy them and never practice. Might as well throw a pipe wrench at home intruders.

I got my training in Nam, Got pretty good with a 45 APC and I keep it loaded and in my night stand. I get it out and shoot a little to keep it sharp.:lmao:

Paul

Frank's right though. Most people who "buy a gun for protections" seldom if ever practice with it. I personally blame it on the movies. :p How many times is there a scene where the heroine, who never liked guns, grabs a snub-nosed revolver that a perp has dropped, and takes out a guy at fifty yards on a rooftop? That or something very similar. It gives the impression that a gun is all powerful and can hit anything at any distance even while moving. When that is all a person is exposed to in the way of guns of course they feel they don't need to practice. (Or for a lot of guys it's a macho thing, "I can shoot a gun. Why should I practice.")

JMHO

-Ron

Frank's right though. Most people who "buy a gun for protections" seldom if ever practice with it. I personally blame it on the movies. :p How many times is there a scene where the heroine, who never liked guns, grabs a snub-nosed revolver that a perp has dropped, and takes out a guy at fifty yards on a rooftop? That or something very similar. It gives the impression that a gun is all powerful and can hit anything at any distance even while moving. When that is all a person is exposed to in the way of guns of course they feel they don't need to practice. (Or for a lot of guys it's a macho thing, "I can shoot a gun. Why should I practice.")

JMHO

-Ron

excellent statement!
i'm a member at the local range, and speaking from experience, the average gun owner i see at the range has little chance of defending his/her life without first having (A) the mindset to use deadly force (B) functioning knowledge of their weapon under duress (C) the ability to put lead poisoning on target.
i suggest to all that read this to practice , practice , practice... your life or someone else's may depend on it.
mike:))

Back