Resolved Suddenly, daily logins required

gjmontll

Active User
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Within the past week or so, I am now having to login every day. Has something changed on the server or is it on my side?
It has been my practice at many websites to login in and stay logged in, usually for many weeks. (e.g. Facebook, Ancestry.com, and others).
(Of course, I don't do this on sites with with sensitive personal info. Most of them log me off after several minutes of inactivity.)
Greg

Well, that usually fixes this problem if it is merely a case of the stored PW being corrupted. The only thing that I can suggest would be that if you have an alternate browser, try it.

Upvote 0
I am having the same login problem. And only with this site.
Robert

Upvote 0
I too am having this issue of having to log in every time now and many times it won't let me do that and gives me the
oops there must be an issue or we use cookies crap.
But if I click on a notice from the site to get here all is as it should be, kinda irritatin ........:xmaslights:

Upvote 0
I too am having this issue of having to log in every time now and many times it won't let me do that and gives me the
oops there must be an issue or we use cookies crap.
But if I click on a notice from the site to get here all is as it should be, kinda irritatin ........:xmaslights:
Which browser are you using?

Upvote 0
Well case in point, I came to this site from the email notice I got from you earlier VTCNC
and all was hunkie dory and now that I came back using my favorites bookmark to get here I got the OOPS tag .
then after shutting down the internet and re starting I had to log in again ....................:dunno:

Upvote 0
I'm on Google chrome windows 10, and every night I shut my computer down. I do have a list of sites I frequent, and have them pinned to the task bar, I just click on the logo for each, and I'm on.
I guess it's not the task bar, but Chrome has a list for frequently visited sites under the search space..

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

I just did a Discord session with @Tinkertoy1941 and we finally solved his cookies/can't login problem. He is on Google Chrome and he said the problem started about a month or so ago. I'm wondering if there was a recent update to Chrome that may have wiped out your cookies.

Check Settings->Privacy & Security->Cookies and look for the option where you can edit which sites allow for cookies. It is possible your update wiped out the forum from being allowed cookies on your browser.

Enter the site as the following: https://www.hobby-machinist.com

As soon as we updated this setting, we closed his windows, he restarted Chrome, clicked on his bookmark (which we had to add the https:// to in his bookmark) and he was logged in automatically like nothing ever happened.

So, either Chrome was updated recently, or your settings, in combination with the recent forum update toggled something to change with your allowance for cookies. Take a close look at that.

If you want to do a Discord chat with me and share your screen, it is far, far easier for me to do so if you are willing to open a Discord window in your browser. You will need to sign up and confirm via email to do so with the Discord services. Shoot me a PM and I'm happy to get on if it is not too late. TinkerToy1941 was pretty tickled when I told him he was "streaming live" for the first time tonight!

Bryan

Upvote 0
My Chrome browser is set to "Allow all cookies". However, I added HM to the white list of sites. I must still login every time I open the browser. My settings are below.
Also, I tried using Microsoft Edge. Exact same behavior. Seems to be a site issue.

thanks
Robert

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back