Summit 19-4 x 60 Manual

Ryanjax

Registered
Registered
Hi all! I'm joining the Lathe club! I've had a mill for about a year and love it. Now I finally found a lathe. It's a Summit 19-4 x 60. It's going to need some work to get it up to spec but I'm up to the task.

Do any of you have a manual for this lathe?

I ran 19 and 20 inch Summit lathes at the shop I worked in. There's not much in the operator manuals. What info are you looking for?

This is going to be a project so I was looking for a parts breakdown and for maintenance procedures. I'll also need the proper fluids.

Just a basic operation and controls would be good too.

JCP do you have one? How do you like it?

I have a 16-3 x 80, agree with jcp, there's not much in the manual. For example you have to change out a gear to cut 11 1/2 tpi, you'll never figure it out using the manual, guess the manual indicated something had to be done. Believe its made in Poland, a lot was lost in the translation.
I've had it for 12 or 13 years, been a great lathe.
Maybe contact Summit in Oklahoma, they may be able to help you out.

Greg

I have an email out to them now.

So it's a Polish made lathe? I read it was European made.

Last time I looked at a map Poland was in Europe.
Forget now where I found the country of origin but as far as I know thats where mine was made.

Greg

The shop had four Summit lathes. Two from Czechoslovakia, one from Taiwan, one from Spain. I’ll bet yours is Czech built.
If Summit can’t provide you with a manual I might can get you some pics of the necessary pages from the shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Summit 17-3 x 60 which is very close to the 19-4. Manual attached: [I need a steady rest for it if anyone has a lead.]

Attachments

• Summit 17-3 Lathe Manual.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 74
I have the Summit 17-3 x 60 which is very close to the 19-4. Manual attached:

This looks the same as the 19/20 manual.

Back