Summit 19-4 x 60 Manual

What are you using for power? i.e. Do you have 3 phase power or a rotary phase converter? I had to convert the one I got from 440 volt 3 phase to 230 volt 3 phase so I could power with a 15HP RPC. So my advice is to check the wiring unless you know the voltage where it came from.

I have a 15hp motor an I just bought a panel kit to make a RPC. The guy I got it from said it was 220 but I'll check it.

Does your compound have a rorary scale or is it fixed? I'm used to seeing the compound rotate.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Here is a picture
20d3ab9884b61477d2f776b473ec50e5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Where did you find the cleaning elf? Seems like a handy addition to the workshop

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Loosen the four bolts at the base of the compound, two on each side and it should rotate. That dimple between the two bolts in your first photo is the reference line for the protractor.

Greg

Hey guys, i am new over here and im need of some help, similar to Ryan i just purchased a 19-4x80 and im looking for the manual or in my case if anyone has a photo of the table to figure out feed rates and RPMs. It would help a lot!!!

Anyone have experience with the summit 19x60 crossed and carriage feed lever not engaging?

Anyone have experience with the summit 19x60 crossed and carriage feed lever not engaging?
Is the carriage/cross feed shaft rotating? It's the shaft with just a keyway down it's length. If the carriage/cross feed shaft is turning but the carriage/cross feed isn't responding it's probably the worm gear key stripped or missing in the apron of the carriage. That happened to two of our four Summit machines in the shop. The key is a special and can be accessed by pulling the driveshaft. As best as I remember you remove the taper pin at the gearbox end and remove the shaft bearing block at the off power end of the bed and the shaft will slide out. If the shaft isn't rotating you'll have to find out why...could be the taper pin (it's on the outside of the box) or the shifter yoke.

Last edited:
Back