Super Bowl Trophy

all I can say is wow what a nice job I have years to get to your skill level

jamace

Thanks for all of the positive comments.

Just finished one of the high anxiety operations. The ball-to-stand fit is a 3-point, compound internal radius and had to be done by hand using a Dremel. :bitingnails:

IMG_1237.JPG

Well, I finally finished this project. I painted the maple base with several coats of gloss black lacquer and had an engraving made to honor the great, late Mr. Lombardi. I finished the polishing, made the final assembly and I'm calling it DONE! It sure looks great in my curio and it's definitely a great one-of-a-kind conversation piece.

This was also a very interesting project. It involved several unique set-ups and as well as incorporating a few new tools and procedures. I showed it to my long-time friend and ex-coworker who's owned a machine shop for over 20 years and he asked me how I made it, so I guess that's the best compliment I could ever get.

For those of you who showed an interest, I hope that you enjoy the finished product.

Rick

IMG_1254.JPGIMG_1257.JPGIMG_1261.JPGIMG_1268.JPG

IMG_1254.JPG IMG_1257.JPG IMG_1261.JPG IMG_1268.JPG

What a beautiful job, thank you for sharing.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's beyond words Rick. Just simply a very fine example of exquisite craftsmanship. Congratulations on another fine, fine job!

Jeez, how the heck did I miss this whole entire thread? Fantastic job.. I'm impressed with all the setups it took to get it done. Beautiful.

Marcel

Back