Super Tenere Rack

Jim2

Active User
Registered
I bought a new Yamaha Super Tenere this spring. Wife won't ride without a backrest, and I like having a top-case anyway. So, bought a sizable one that will double as a backrest, but what to mount it on? Stock rack is plastic and not very durable, was concerned that aftermarket wouldn't be that much better, and have already spent too many $$$. I came up with this

YamS10Rack-003_zps9tdcmxzt.jpg

Yamaha doesn't make it easy. They've got the mounting locations in two different planes, plus a bushing/spacer that needs to be in place to secure the plastic covering on the tail. Here's what it looks like as I was mounting it on the bike.

IMG_5653_zpslb8udxpd.jpg

IMG_5654_zpsl9vyz2v4.jpg

IMG_5655_zpsfolkdzyi.jpg

IMG_5658_zpss4p1hj4f.jpg

And, with top-case in place

IMG_5659_zpsimzwnhh6.jpg

I am very pleased with how it turned out. Wife still hasn't been on the bike, though!

Jim

I bought a new Yamaha Super Tenere this spring. Wife won't ride without a backrest, and I like having a top-case anyway. So, bought a sizable one that will double as a backrest, but what to mount it on? Stock rack is plastic and not very durable, was concerned that aftermarket wouldn't be that much better, and have already spent too many $$$. I came up with this

YamS10Rack-003_zps9tdcmxzt.jpg

Yamaha doesn't make it easy. They've got the mounting locations in two different planes, plus a bushing/spacer that needs to be in place to secure the plastic covering on the tail. Here's what it looks like as I was mounting it on the bike.

IMG_5653_zpslb8udxpd.jpg

IMG_5654_zpsl9vyz2v4.jpg

IMG_5655_zpsfolkdzyi.jpg

IMG_5658_zpss4p1hj4f.jpg

And, with top-case in place

IMG_5659_zpsimzwnhh6.jpg

I am very pleased with how it turned out. Wife still hasn't been on the bike, though!

Jim
Both the design and machining look awesome.

I am very pleased with how it turned out. Wife still hasn't been on the bike said:
Hi
That can be a good thing, time on your own, the bike go's faster & there is no pain in the side, from her digging you to slow down. :D

Back