Supermax LG 1440 need help

stroupe63

Registered
Registered
Hello All,

I just got a supermax LG 1440 lathe that I need tailstock parts for. I have done an internet search with no luck. so i'm hoping some of you guys can help me.
I would also like to find a operators manual.

Here is a picture of the ID plate:

They changed the name to YCM. Depending on the parts you need I doubt they stock parts for a 1982 machine. What do you need ?

Hi Richard,

I was afraid the parts were going to be hard to find. I need a feed screw ( PN 17-0504-1/2 ) and feed nut (PN 17-0505-1/2 ). The original owner removed the feed screw and nut when it broke and now their lost. So I don't even know what they looked like if I did I would try and make them. If anyone could help it will be appreciated.
The lathe is actually a 1992 but still old for a lathe.

Thanks Steve,

Do you have the TS quill and isn’t that your nut? If so you can get the tpi off that than buy a acme thread to match or make if desired.

Do you have the TS quill and isn’t that your nut? If so you can get the tpi off that than buy a acme thread to match or make if desired.

Hi Cadillac,
I do have the quill but there are no threads in the quill. I think the feed nut was a separate piece. Yes if the threads were there it would be easier.

Thanks Steve,

How about take some pictures of what you have. All you need is the screw and nut? What about the crank and cover....a picture will help a lot.

How about take some pictures of what you have. All you need is the screw and nut? What about the crank and cover....a picture will help a lot.

Good Evening,
Here are some pictures of what I have.

This is the back end of the quill. I'm thinking the nut slides into the quill up to the shoulder you can see inside. The bolts to the two threaded holes you see on the end. What do you think?

Your nut is flanged and would bolt to the quill in that location. Might just wanna but a flanged nut a some acme rod and make your own. Then you don’t have to match anything. Rod length is dictated by how far the quill sticks out the tailstock. Probably just past the mt ejection slot is max travel. Looks like you have all the other parts?

Take a look at page 97. https://cdn0.grizzly.com/partslists/g0709_pl.pdf

I bet your machine is close to the same as this one. measure the center to center distance of the holes, the OD and length of the quill and call Grizzly and see if theirs will fit.If not call Greenbay mfg and ask them if they can help. You may want to ask a new question in the lathe forum and show the photo's of what you have. Take a picture of the complete lathe, show the one of the tail stock you just showed. Maybe someone has one similar they can measure up and make one or have someone make one for you or buy one from their lathe builder. I suspect most were made at the same factory. Your title should say Help need for 1440 (your size) Taiwanese lathe tailstock....or something like that. Leave the brand off as it's obsolete ...

Back