Supermax LG 1440 need help

Im thinking these parts are pretty generic,and most likely all the same in the size range..........the thread is usually LH,but if you get a matched stock thread and nut,you should have no problem..........unfortunately ,the dealers for these machines are distinctly unhelpful with older "orphans", or waht they havent sold..........the whole oriental machine trade dont seem to realize ,the bad name they have could be greatly improved with a bit of cross brand old machine cooperation........and pooled knowlege.

Thanks everyone I'm going to order the parts for the Grizzly G0709 and see if they will fit my machine. I will let you all know how it goes.

Thanks again,
Steve

Take a look at page 97. https://cdn0.grizzly.com/partslists/g0709_pl.pdf

I bet your machine is close to the same as this one. measure the center to center distance of the holes, the OD and length of the quill and call Grizzly and see if theirs will fit.If not call Greenbay mfg and ask them if they can help. You may want to ask a new question in the lathe forum and show the photo's of what you have. Take a picture of the complete lathe, show the one of the tail stock you just showed. Maybe someone has one similar they can measure up and make one or have someone make one for you or buy one from their lathe builder. I suspect most were made at the same factory. Your title should say Help need for 1440 (your size) Taiwanese lathe tailstock....or something like that. Leave the brand off as it's obsolete ...

Thanks Richard and everyone else who helped,

I ordered the Grizzly G0709 Tailstock parts. I got the feed screw, feed nut , thrust bearing and all new hardware to put it back together everything fit perfect. The tailstock operates really smooth I'm happy.

Thanks Steve,

Back