suppressor adapter

The old Nagant pistols were unique in that the cylinder moved forward against the forcing cone and sealed the gap. Perfect for suppressing, but had such an under powered round that it was hardly necessary - pretty quiet as it was......

I bet you a dollar that there would be no significant increase in noise from the cylinder gap as a result, given the decreasing pressure in the barrel as the projectile travels to the muzzle :D

You're right! Nothing changes until the bullet leaves the muzzle.

You want sound reduction. My old shooting buddy use to use a 12ga, trap gun with about a 60" barrel his stock had 15 lbs of brass added to it and he held it with the stock on his hip. YUPP true , he was a wheelchair shooter like myself and was even a better shot . He taught himself how to triangulate the shot looking at the end of the barrel and the target. His back was fused and even had his van modified with a dozen mirrors on the front so he could drive. Amazing man and friend , he also has retired from competition but he was an excellent shot. Making AA-27-AA recognition in trap. When he shot the sound was nothing but a phift no bang or clap at all. Every bit of powder was burned long before the exit of the shot so 1,200fps with no bang . It's containment of the burning powder in his barrel that hid the noise. Short barreled guns need expansion chambers to allow the same effect .
I should add revolvers aren't usually adapted to suppressor for the fact of the cylinder will allow to much back pressure towards the cylinder it sends the gas and hot burning powder out around the cylinder and will cause injury. With the nagant style pistol it's a no problem and should work very well.

Last edited:
Back