Sure is quiet in here...

Right..98, not 96...my bad. I have the same level. Sorry for the confusion. smiley_abused.gif

Send me a PM when you get some free time.

smiley_abused.gif

It so nice to have buds with large, mobile hydraulic devices! we picked that puppy up and set it the shop (formerly the garage) in about ten min
And of course with my Springer (Bubs) diligently supervising the whole operation.

Bob

022.jpg 018.jpg 003.jpg 025.jpg

Very nice, get that baby spinning. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In my excitement I forgot to put the darn thing on blocks so my pallet jack could get under it, (Sigh). Now I will have to get a cherry picker or devise a rigging fixture to put it on blocks so I can put leveling pads on it. Anyone know a good idea for pads?

Thanks
Bob

If the leveling holes in the feet are threaded, just use the jack screw the lift the lathe a bit. Jack, shim, jack, shim, rinse, repeat. Work from side to side on one end at a time to keep the lathe level, so there is no danger of tipping. Once you get it up a bit, you can slide a shim under the bolt to keep it from digging in.

My favorite feet are 1/2 inch steel plate about 3 inches square, drill a divot in the center for the jack screw. It keeps the screws from digging into the concrete. I have heard that hockey pucks work, as do the commercially available machinery pads, check Enco for those.

Last edited:
Just checked the holes in the base. No threads.

Bob

Back