Surface grinder... a tiny one.

that's a sweet little surface grinder - perfect size for a garage shop! I'd be hard pressed to say no at that size and price.

I've had the little Sanford about 5 years now, I think I paid $150 for it. It had a belt that gave out right away and was unavailable through my sources so I changed to a notched belt and pulley system. It's been trouble free and really handy. Doesn't take up a lot of room on the bench and the magnetic chuck works great.

The price seems about right if it's in good working order.

There is a page in the Sanford grinder manual explaining that the flat belt design had been discontinued, and the machines were being manufactured with standard V belts and pulleys. The parts list includes the belt, pulleys, and other hardware to convert from a flat belt to the V belt system. I believe all the other machines they made came standard with a V belt drive system.

Good to know. I haven't touched the machine beyond getting it in place for now. I've been finishing up the Wells Index milling machine. The belt definitely looked tired. And it would be nice to have off the shelf parts moving forward.

I looked at a Standard Modern those folks had for sale earlier in the summer. Nice shop.

I've had the little Sanford about 5 years now, I think I paid $150 for it. It had a belt that gave out right away and was unavailable through my sources so I changed to a notched belt and pulley system. It's been trouble free and really handy. Doesn't take up a lot of room on the bench and the magnetic chuck works great.

The price seems about right if it's in good working order.
Might you be convinced to part with yours???

I'd part with mine, maybe.

Back