Surface Grinding

Bray D

Registered
Registered
I'm getting ready to finish my 2x72 grinder build and foresee getting into knife making over the next couple months. The only operations I can't handle in house are heat treat and surface grinding the blades.

Is there anyone out there that would be willing to surface grind a blade or two for me? As the shop grows, I hope to have a grinder of my own. In the meantime, I'll have to outsource this stuff.

Just putting my feelers out there. Let me know if there's any possibilities.

Yep, got one and a second on the way. How big are the blades and what type of material?

I haven't got that far yet, but they'll most likely be 4-6" long and made from high carbon steel hardened to the high 50's HRC.

I'm getting ready to finish my 2x72 grinder build and foresee getting into knife making over the next couple months. The only operations I can't handle in house are heat treat and surface grinding the blades.

Is there anyone out there that would be willing to surface grind a blade or two for me? As the shop grows, I hope to have a grinder of my own. In the meantime, I'll have to outsource this stuff.

Just putting my feelers out there. Let me know if there's any possibilities.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back