Surface plate cleaners

I have a Chinese surface plate from Busy Bee, dubious quality but beter than nothing. Windex and paper towel leaves the same sticky? gritty? feeling till it dries off. Hard to describe. Was gifted a Starrett grade A one, it wipes off beautifully with the same windex and paper towel. There must be something different about the surface finish.

Greg

I bought a pretty grimy Starrett Pink Quartz SP. I went to one of the big box hardware stores and bought some off-the -shelf granite counter cleaner. Worked great and cleaned-up the really bad sections quite well.

I have a Chinese surface plate from Busy Bee, dubious quality but beter than nothing. Windex and paper towel leaves the same sticky? gritty? feeling till it dries off. Hard to describe. Was gifted a Starrett grade A one, it wipes off beautifully with the same windex and paper towel. There must be something different about the surface finish.

Greg
i have experienced the same thing in regards to the difference in surface texture between really good surface plates and an inexpensive one.

since i switched to microfiber towels, i don't seem to have the whole paper towel fiber thing going on anymore

Back