Surface plate info?

No. If your shop air isn't dry, you will be adding moisture/oil to the surface. Odd as is may sound, if the dust really bothers you, use a Swiffer or equivalent.

It occurs to me that blowing air on something is a good way to build-up the static charge. In the right environment, that will make your dust problem worse. And BTW, I don't have a plate as big as yours but, it's almost impossible to run your hand over it and not feel something.

Anyhow, whenever I use it, I'm not too concerned about minor flecks of dust... It's a fact of life and for the most part, I don't recall measurements ever being wildly off based on the stuff I do...

Ray

I will try a microfiber cloth and some more of the Dychem cleaner. I am just worried about when I am scraping that the debris will scratch my amateur work....:panic:

I really wouldn't stress over it. In an open shop, you will never get rid of airborne particles. And truthfully, nothing that is likely to settle on your plate will be hard enough to damage either the plate itself or the work. That is, unless you are running a dry grinding operation in the shop. THAT'S what covers are for, to be sure. Wipe it down just prior to a test if you must, but really, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Back