SWAG Portaband Table?

A

Alan H.

Forum Guest
Register Today
Anyone have one of these for your Portaband?

I thought of building one but for the cost looks like it would be a big time saver to just buy one direct from SWAG with the foot switch and be done with it. I'd need their Version 3 for the Dewalt I have.

1516383214215.png

EDIT: meant to say I'd searched here and didn't find an informative dedicated thread so thought I'd start one.

Last edited by a moderator:
saw5.jpg

saw1.jpg

I built mine out of what I had laying around, so it was cheaper. Only had to buy the foot switch.

I will say it's been handier than a pocket on a shirt, especially with small or oddly-shaped pieces. I use it way more than I thought I would and I think I've had it out of the stand/table once since I built it.

Hi Alan,

Yes, I have one, and the Milwaukee saw to go with it. It works, but is not the most refined thing in my shop. You'll have to tweak things a bit to get the saw to fit properly, and forgetabout the miter guide slots, there is no effective way that I've found to track the saw to the slots. But for what it costs, it's very functional and very handy. Don't be expecting to slice through 1/2" SS plate with it tho. The guy who runs Swag is terrific too. Hope this helps.

I, like most I suspect, would love a Roll-In or DoAll or, heck, even a garden variety 14" metal band saw, but do not have the space.

I bought the SWAG because it solved this issue. My Grizzly portaband has never been removed since I installed it two years ago.

I'd buy it if I hadn't already made one myself, it was easy to build and satisfying to see it in action but if you don't have a welder , buy it ,but I've heard negative feedbacks on the use of miter gauge/miter slot with it( I.E. post #3), the simplest version is what I would go for.

I've got the basic table on my Milwaukee saw. I haven't gotten around to making legs for it yet, so I just clamp the turned down edge in my bench vise. I had to shim the table to get it square with the blade. I'm happy with it.

I have one as well, one of the most handy things I own!.... As others said the Swag part is fine and forget the mitre slot, the Milwaukee saw is the weak link, LOL.

Got mine in the mail monday. Hasnt made it to the shop yet,,did unpack it n look over good. seems well made and stout enough for real work. Was well packed, the usps gorrillas didnt destroy the package

I've had the V3 for a couple months now. Got the plain version and painted it myself. Foot switch; I bought the momentary switch from HF, works fine and less expensive, $11.20 with 20% off coupon. Set it up on a portable tool stand from HF as well. No saw install issues, bolted right up. It is extremely handy, doesn't take up much space which was my primary concern.

Back