Switch advise for a Logan Shaper

I'm in need of some enlightenment! Can you describe a job where this would be an advantage? Thanks!
The shaper is more rigid when it is pulling instead of pushing. It also keeps the chips much better contained. A backwards clapper box is needed for running it in reverse. Here is some great information on shapers as well as the reverse stroke overview (and an excellent channel to subscribe to!):

Stevens, a sharp machinist for sure, does some nice jobs with the machines he owns. Plus he goes through everything he buys and makes it better. His gack shapers quite a machine , tons better then some of ours, but it's German right.

On the Logan shaper, you can assemble the yoke-link to the ram two different ways. One way makes the Pull stroke faster (default), the other makes the Push stroke faster (ala Stefan Gotteswinter).

Matt

Was not aware that the yoke-link could be changed.
I have plans for a "pull" type clapper box.
Just another of the many projects waiting to be worked on...
Attached are a few pics of the completed shaper...
What a beautifully done machine, very nice work!
:drool::drool::drool:

What a beautifully done machine, very nice work!
:drool::drool::drool:
Thank You...
I have several other machines waiting for the same...
I have been purchasing the last few years prior to my retirement.
I retired at the end of May, so now it's time to get started. LOL...
I have a Walker-Turner drill press, Delta table saw, Delta band saw, a Troyke rotary table and I'm currently putting the finishing touches on a wooden tool chest my grandfather made from plywood used to crate airplane parts in when he worked at Fairchild.
All the above along with numerous other "projects" that are stored in tubs under my work bench.
The past few days have been awesome working in the shop and not having to worry about the "job" LOL...IMAG2376.jpg IMAG2374.jpg 1.jpg IMAG1213.jpg

Very, very nice job on the shaper - well done! The machines in the que are lucky to have you as their keeper.

John

Back