Switch or Phase Converter

I call it a magnetic switch but there may be a proper name. It's a switch that will not supply electricity after a power failure when the power is restored. I have one on my table saw. When I have a power failure the saw stops, when the power comes back on the saw won't come back on until I turn it on with the switch. It's a safety issue because power outages are common where I live and they usually happen when I'm busy in the shop. My old table saw threw a piece of oak at me when I didn't get it away from the blade when it was stopped. It was my fault because I had time and just didn't think of it.

Shelly
Big 10-4 on the safety concern.
a latching circuit is easily made with a momentary normally closed stop switch, a momentary normally open start switch, and a 3 pole relay or 3 pole contactor

if you are interested i can illustrate a circuit to fit your needs

I just saw that I mis-typed the title to this post. Should read "Switch for Phase Converter". The toggle switch is 120 so I will buy a Magnetic 120 v switch and mount it next to the machines switch. I found one for about 26.00 on flea bay. Thanx for the responses. I'm learning a lot from this site.

Shelly

Back