Syncrowave 300 won't arc

Chuck K

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I've had this old machine for a long time and it has never failed me...until now. Step on the pedal and all I get is a tiny spark. I took the remote cord off and found the strain relief on the connector was loose. When I took the connector apart I found broken wires. Not real surprising considering how often the foot pedal is yanked to it's extreme length. What a PIA to solder the wires back on the pins. All is good now, but just wanted to give a heads-up to check the connectors so you don't have to go through the same problem.20171007_111433.jpg 20171007_115224.jpg

The receiver would remained plugged into the weld unit, but I imagine the batteries going dead if not used often.

Back in the day when I built Tuna Towers we just put a micro switch on the torch head...We did a lot of position welding so the foot switch would not work for us...I loved the syncrowave heats up quick and welds smooth...Row of dimes every time...**G**

must be common problem. I had to do this exact repair on my syncrowave this summer.

I could see it happening a lot. That connector isn't something you would pay much attention to. As long as the strain relief is kept tight it shouldn't be a problem.

Back