T&C grinder research ???-450? Mine is a Kao Ming

I ordered the manual. Better than nothing I guess. I mounted the wheel dressing fixture and cleaned up the wheel. Surfaced a small piece on a magnetic chuck and it worked ok. I've got to come up with a smoother way to move the table. The small handwheel isn't smooth, at least not in my hands. I've got an old power unit from a mill. Maybe I can adapt that to it.
Still going thru all the parts and pieces that came with the grinder and the mill. Maybe I'll find more goodies.

EDIT: got 3 gal Evaporust

I agree the small handwheel isn't very smooth, but with the big rod sticking out of it, it is a little easier to turn it in a consistent manner. Let's see some pictures of it and these goodies you got with it.

I didn't get a rod.
Here's my Jet Model 450-1 and stuff. I don't know if the 2 items in the last picture belong with the grinder. The shaft is threaded on each end with removable collets and the gray thing may be a fixture for grinding lathe tools.

Can't seem to orient photos properly

Man looks like you scored good with the accessories.
Okay looks like you got some expensive diamond wheels. Very nice score.
First picture is like my Yuasa endmill grinding attachment. Allows you to do the flutes of a endmill. I do not see the tube that the endmills get mounted into or collets.
Second picture is a rotary table a dividing head with chuck can’t see if motorized, and a tailstock for either the rotary or the dividing head. The attachment with the red tag is a radius diamond dresser. Used to put a radius on grinding wheels.
Third picture looks like a arbor for a horizontal mill. Grey attachment is for grinding lathe tool bits. Round discs with holes are the plates for the dividing head and some 123 blocks. A lot of good accessories there.

Well, seems I didn't dig down deep enough before I posted my own request on this forum. I really need an Operator's Manual. A request to Kao Ming got a nice response that they hadn't sold that machine in twenty years.

Any current info on who has recently supplied a manual for the Kao Ming/Jet/Enco/et al machine? I e-mailed an ask to Jet and Enco, Mazak and Standard but no response as of yet.

jack vines

I've got a manual but it's not very detailed. Send me an email address and I'll copy it to a pdf file and email it to you.

Shelly

I've got a manual but it's not very detailed. Send me an email address and I'll copy it to a pdf file and email it to you.

Shelly
Not to resurrect an old thread, but I just got the Jet-450 model of this same machine (crazy roadtrip down to Phoenix from Colorad, 1650 miles round-trip, 36 hrs, slept for about 3 hrs at the Grand Canyon...)

She's sitting out in the lab right now as I debate on cleaning and assembling, or relaxing after that crazy trip...

Have you got that manual? I haven't got any documentation for her, so it would be wonderful if you had it.

Rare, in Phoenix we were a bit too hot during the heyday of the industrial revolution prior to the widespread use of Air Conditioning, so it never really got into our culture. ASU does seem to have a monthly auction with great stuff in it I only just started keeping an eye on. Otherwise I mostly just get lucky from retirees that moved to the area and selling off their tool boxes.
Crazy that you're in Phoenix - I just got back from there this morning where I went to get the exact same grinder!

You couldn't send me a PDF of that manual could you?

Back