T-nut bar stock?

dsclathe

Registered
Registered
So, my issue here is I'm trying to find a source for blank t-nut bar stock. The vise I have to mount on my vertical slide adapter is a smidge too wide and standard T-nuts don't have the bite in enough of the slot to support the vise entirely. Does anyone know of a source for this kind of material? 10 MM WIDE AT THE TOP OF THE T 15 MM WIDE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE T. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks :)
1645429255575.png

I can't hold the vise to make it, and don't have a mill, but thanks :)

McMaster has T-slot bolts that are those dimensions. Or, ask your favorite industrial supplier.

Alternatively, buy some t-nuts and modify them as required on a belt or disc sander.

Regarding your original question, the closet T shaped steel shape I know of is called "Step Machine Key Stock" at McMaster. However, they don't seem to carry it in metric sizes. Maybe some inch size will work for you.

Last edited:
So what size nuts are you needing ? I have a bag from MC too small for any of my needs . Good for the taking . I'll grab the bag and get the size of the nuts .

McMaster Carr has T nuts that have a slight wider base that could be modified with simple tools (e.g. grinder or belt sander).
file:///C:/Users/ROBERT~1/AppData/Local/Temp/90510A213_Fully%20Threaded%20T-Slot%20Nut.PDF

Top of t = .368
Bottom of t = .628
Length of block = .895
5/16s threaded hole

If these will work out for you , let me know , FAST , while I have them in my sights ! :big grin:

Attachments

• IMG_9010.JPG
    IMG_9010.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 87
Back