T-nut bar stock?

Top of t = .368
Bottom of t = .628
Length of block = .895
5/16s threaded hole

If these will work out for you , let me know , FAST , while I have them in my sights ! :big grin:
Thank you for the kind offer, My issue is that I need to find actual bar stock as the ears on the vise are a tad ove the ends of the milling slide so my plan was to drill a solid piece on either end to hold the vise in place so it doesn't chance snapping the ears of the T channel off. But Thank you very much for the kind offer. I may just get another vise. 2 1/2 inch if I can find one rather than using this one. Or try with the 2" aluminum vise and try to make them but that aluminum one doesn't have the rigidity. Doing is learning though :)

When I went back and looked at your first photo closer I see your situation better. I think I would lean towards a different vise for this application. Your current one being that large would add a substantial amount of weight and overhang to the vertical slide. Depending on how that is mounted to your apron could cause even more issues than these adaptations for milling normally struggle with. My experience is these vertical units tend to small cuts and processes with better success when keeping everything as close to the center point of attachment to the lathe as possible. Let us know how it goes.

So you don't actually NEED a T-nut to go into a T-slot. Just bar stock that fits in the bottom of the 'T' works fine. You'll have fewer threads in it, but a finer thread might make up for that.

Looks like you'd be fine with anything larger than ~ 12mm wide to 14mm wide.

When I went back and looked at your first photo closer I see your situation better. I think I would lean towards a different vise for this application. Your current one being that large would add a substantial amount of weight and overhang to the vertical slide. Depending on how that is mounted to your apron could cause even more issues than these adaptations for milling normally struggle with. My experience is these vertical units tend to small cuts and processes with better success when keeping everything as close to the center point of attachment to the lathe as possible. Let us know how it goes.
Yes, as much as I'd like to be able to use that vise, I'll save it for a milling machine in near future.
Yes, I've decided to use the vise for the future mill instead. It's bigger than the slide lol I'll look for a steel 2 or 2.5 inch vise for this setup instead. This is how it is set up. I machined a plate to fit over the plug and it's very solid, but that aluminum vise just doesnt hold as it's cheap, but I'll get there

Attachments

• 20220212_095101.jpg
    20220212_095101.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 20220212_095148.jpg
    20220212_095148.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 109
Do I detect a VW bus in the background ? Some good times fixing with whatever was at hand or whatever somebody who stopped to help had rolling around and still getting home in my younger days. Amzingly simple to keep going on a budget back then. Unfortunately the Ohio salty winter roads just ate all of my VW's to becoming parts for other folks, sigh.

One of the members from I believe California has a beautiful red and white Combi that gets in a photo now and then. Probably many others around in those friendlier climates. NE Ohio pretty much paves the roads in salt in the winter....I'm in southern Ohio last 20 years but now it hills and curves that they salt instead of the snows crossing from across Lake Erie, I grew up at Headlands Beach and before they spent millions in the late 60's early 70's upgrading the park we could park on the beach and enjoy the sunsets. 4th of July was the best with Mardi Gra and fireworks in Grand River across from the lighthouse/breackwall. Careful to stay of the Coast Guard Staion property though they were kinda of protective !!

Do I detect a VW bus in the background ? Some good times fixing with whatever was at hand or whatever somebody who stopped to help had rolling around and still getting home in my younger days. Amzingly simple to keep going on a budget back then. Unfortunately the Ohio salty winter roads just ate all of my VW's to becoming parts for other folks, sigh.
1969 you bet. Bought it for my daughter for christmas to restore together. Good eye lol

Attachments

• 20211204_110132.jpg
    20211204_110132.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 96
Back