T-slot cutter questions

If you have rigidity you can climb mill it. More likely to conventional mill and climb mill the finish cut for a nice looking finish.
That's how I've done QCTP holders, only mine were dovetail.
Center section where an end mill can remove the bulk of the material is deeper by .005 or so on my store bought ones. Less cutter rubbing when cutting the slot that way.

I thank everyone for their input and advice and that is what I like about this site. I browsed through other sites and I've noticed that on some of those sites the people can get really nasty and to others if the person is new to machining or don't don't grasp what others are trying to help him with,and I don't understand why they do it,but I don't see that here. And that is why we are on this site isn't it, to help each other.

Besides all of that now, what I did at the end of the day is combine all of the info I got and got the job done. First tried cutting rpm at about 400rpm and went up to 700 and full depth. But I didn't force the cutter and it went pretty well. Took n 0.025" final pass and it had a nice finnish. The other side I took smaller cuts but I could go a but faster on the freed (hand feed). So thank you all,I am sure next wiil go even better an with more confidence.

Good day to all and thank you for being such standup people on this forum.

Michael

Back