Table power feed question.

T. J.

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Would it be possible to adapt a Bridgeport style power feed to a W-I mill? I've never actually layed hands on a Bridgeport, so all I have to go by is pictures. My thoughts are that I would need to make some sort of adapting bracket to mount it with and possibly deal with any differences in shaft diameter if there are any. Has anyone done this?

Servo used to make a adapter kit for mounting to most Index mills for any of the table, knee axis. The Asian ones sold today, you'll probably have to do some adapting to make it work. Go for it!

Been looking at units and plan on doing same thing as im not keen on tbe cast bracket that hangs of the mill bench and sticks out past the end by about 12 inches .so pland to buy 2 chinese bridgeport style units and do both y ans x axis and if they turn out ok plan a third for raising and lowering the head instead of the crank handle .there are some on alibaba that seem ok for the price .there will be a bit of machining involved to adapt but nothing to major that i can see .

If you go with a servo style would you be willing to sell a part from your power feed? Or would you be willing to take some pictures of the parts that are missing and broken on my 745

20170807_094343.jpg

I'm gonna hang on to mine and try to use it as is for now.

From what I can see in your pic, the worm arm latch is missing and the bracket that holds it is broken. I'll get you some pictures momentarily.

Here you go, wiseman. The gear box is still sitting on my bench, so it was easy to get some pics of it together and disassembled. Let me know if you need anything else. I'm happy to help.

And by the way, welcome to the forum!

IMG_0344.JPG

IMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0346.JPG

IMG_0347.JPG

IMG_0348.JPG

IMG_0350.JPG

IMG_0351.JPG

IMG_0352.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you very much! That will be a big help I'm sure I will have some more questions as I start to make a new one

Back