Taig Sensitivity Drill

conibear

Registered
Registered
Hi i am looking for some advice on making a sensitivity drill for a taig. Has anyone built one of these or seen one. I know Sherline makes a Sensitive drill att. for ther mills and I have seen another on the net. for the taig, But cannot find the Drawings. Cant be that hard to make, but it would be nice to start with something thats all ready proven. TKS Dave

Dave, I don't have a Sherline version. Mine is a Royal but they work the same. I don't have a drawing but Sherline does show the breakdown of the components they use: http://www.sherline.com/1012inst.htm

If it helps, my Royal has a 1/2" OD shaft that is held in the chuck; this shaft is only 2-1/2" long from end to the beginning of the Jacobs taper. The knurled disc is 1-1/2" OD X 3/16" thick and edge-knurled.

Since the Sherline uses a 3/8" chuck I suspect their outer shaft is 3/8" OD and the inner shaft is probably 1/4" OD. Anyway, food for thought.

I think there may be drawings on gadget builders web site or maybe mikes workshop I know I have seen them somewhere

Barry

GUYS Thanks for the info. Sorry for takeing so long to get back, but I have been out of town working. I am kind of leaning towards a drill like the sherline with a Mod throne in to boot. When I get it done, Ill send some Pics. Thanks again Dave

Back