tailstock stud

rambin

Registered
Registered
hoping I can get someone with a logan LA-3 tailstock assembly(wards 10 and probably most Logan 10") to post a pic and some measures of the the threaded stud under the tailstock quill locking handle. my original someone had brazed the handle to the stud.. finally obtained another handle off ebay but the threaded stud isn't original and was stuck something tight... was able to double nut it and finally get it out but the threads got a bit mangled in the process. if someone could take a pic and measure of these I should be able to whip one up pretty fast. looking at Mr Petes videos it appears to have one end threaded longer then the other. and a spot in the center with no threads. the one I got with the newer handle was a piece of cut all-thread it appears. Anyhow if you can help me out with this info I'd appreciate it. Still looking for a replacement quill if anyone has one. Mine works but it be ugly!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked to see if I ever took that all the way out. Was sort of dirty, so I guess I didn't.

It measures just over 2 inch (mine was 2.01 +/-) and has slightly rounded ends. Bottom side is threaded about 5/8, top side about 3/4 inch.

thanks a lot, now I can make one some day when I get a free min. was a piece of althread someone had thrown in mine. not sure if it would matter or not but at least now I know the proper length

Back