Tailstock Turret

redvan22

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
I purchased a tailstock turret from LMS and thats all I got. I was expecting some sort of fittings to be used with it for various operations or as blanks. I knew I would have to customize them.

It's this standard, to get only the turret?

Were the fittings advertised to come with the turret or were you just expecting them ?

At first blush, I would lean towards LMS sending you exactly what you bought. Being a company with a pretty well known reputation means they aren't really inclined to rip anyone off. A bad review is far more expensive for them than whatever profit they could make selling you less than what you paid for.
But let's see the advertisement. That ought to settle it.

Turret lathes are used for too many different operations, for tooling to be included. If it was, cost would be astronomical. Meanwhile, common tooling is standardized at diameters like 1/2", 5/8", as large as 2.00", maybe even larger. There are split bushings in 1/2" & 5/8" for all drill sizes, whereas cutter holders have a spud in size selected. There are/ were so many turrets, the variety is plentiful and available.

Back