Taiwanese Deckeloid Value?

B

British Steel

Forum Guest
Register Today
Deckeloid small.jpg
OK, so I've seen a grubby, scruffy Taiwanese "clone" of a Deckel FP1 (with some differences in construction and quality!), appears to be in working order, comes with a basic 3-axis Anilam DRO, humungous-looking vice, some collets, a beaten-up rotary table and some Misc., probably dates from the 70's or 80's - I'm assuming it's 3-phase so I'll have to add a VFD / rotary convertor (or swap in a single-phase motor if the original's not 2-speed like the Real Deckel), I have a tug and trailer I can use as it's probably only 1/2 ton, couple of willing helpers, so far so good.... It'd be nice not to have to pull the topslide off my lathe to use it as a milling machine!

My quandary is how much to go to - it's in a sealed auction so my bid has to be a) the highest and b) not too much more than it's worth ;)
Any clues? Please?

Dave H. (the other one)

Depending on the wear I would not go over $1200 us. Drawabacks: 3 phase probably unavailable spare parts.

Im not sure how many machines come up for sale in your area which would influence the price.

When you say seems to be in working order...... If you have not seen it operating in person I would say its worth scrap value plus a hundred or so, so at 1000 pounds times 10 cents a pound, hundred bucks plus what ever you are willing to gamble to get it. Lots of machines in the world, it you are a gambler and like moving equipment around might be worth a shot, but without operating machine to put it thru its paces I would not go more than a few hundred $.

cheers
michael

Back