Taking 3D printing to a whole new level.

Neat stuff. For the near term the slow speed of these processes mean that industrially only parts that are impossible with any other process will be made this way. Also still have to solve the material properties issues for some applications. But like any other process, for what it's really good at doing, it will be the go to process.

The academy is just what I need for the next stage of my CNC mill/drill project.

I develop online courses for one of my regular jobs so I'm very interested how these classes are. I really like the fact they are creative commons licensed though, shows they are coming from the right place in my book.

1ohn

I was similarly blown away the first time I saw this process being used to make small gears and drive parts for torpedoes. They said it was as strong as a forging, though I don't understand how grain gets established in the additive process. Of course, they were using super proprietary alloys rather than the typical moly steel. I'd say the writing is on the wall for additive machining to replace CNC within certain niches... who knows, if the price comes down enough in the future, it may become ubiquitous. Neat stuff for sure.

Back