taking a Logan 12" apart to move

JR,

There is a screed on using DOWNLOADS in the Sticky area at the top of this Forum (and several other Fora including Site Help). It also covers uploading. But in a nutshell, Upload the file first and then copy and paste its filename into the title and tag-line. The Version String will take care of itself It is not a required field.. Put the description into Description (at least about 10 characters are required). Ignore the fields below the description. And save it. That's all that there is to it.

FWIW, one reason for the extensive use of Categories is that DOWNLOADS (which was adapted from the Xenforo RESOURCES module) it totally lacking any SORT capability. There are nearly 2000 files spread over 39 pages. Finding anything would be almost impossible unless in had just been downloaded.

JR,

There is a screed on using DOWNLOADS in the Sticky area at the top of this Forum

All, call me extremely frustrated !!! I printed out the instructions so that I would have them right in my hand as I tried this again. I clicked on ADD DOWNLOADS, and got taken to a new page. The directions say: "it is generally best to upload the file first yada yada yada. REALLY! It then says "click on UPLOAD YOUR FILE" both myself and my wife spent over an hour looking, and I'm telling you THERE IS NO "UPLOAD YOUR FILE" BUTTON TO CLICK ON !!! If someone can tell me where this G&*^_#@% D#$@*)_ button is, I would still be happy to do this, but right now, I'm going to bed. GRRRRRRRRRR, JR49
PS. I sent the OP (Investigator) the manual using his email address and he replied that he got it. I also uploaded a different manual to the Downloads back in 2015, so I'm not a complete idiot, its just that this new system is hard to figure out I guess.

JR,

As promised in the PM (where the server wouldn't let me do it...)
File Upload Screen.JPG

As promised in the PM (where the server wouldn't let me do it...)

Well, I made it to the UPLOAD YOUR FILE button. When I clicked it I got the box that I've seen hundreds of times, but when I opened the file that has all my machining PDF's the Logan manual was not there. In the little box that has all the extensions, I chose "show all files", then the Logan manual file I was looking for showed up, along with some others that previously weren't showing. I highlighted the Logan file, and clicked open. the green "progress bar" popped on showing that it was indeed uploading, then it stopped and I got what you see in the screenshot
Screenshot (16).png
In case it's hard to see, it says "the uploaded file does not have an allowed extension". Now, I actually bought this manual from Logan Actuator co. 4 or 5 years ago. Could they have used some extension that makes it impossible to copy ? Although, like I said before, I was able to send it to the OP, so whats up with that ? JR49

Hey Investigator, I feel like your thread has been taken over with all this Downloads stuff. Please ask any other questions you may have about that 2557VH. I have the exact same lathe, even down to the "VH" and although I've never taken it appart, and am fairly new to machining, I feel confident in my knowledge on the ins and outs of this particular lathe. JR49

Hey Investigator, I feel like your thread has been taken over with all this Downloads stuff. Please ask any other questions you may have about that 2557VH. I have the exact same lathe, even down to the "VH" and although I've never taken it appart, and am fairly new to machining, I feel confident in my knowledge on the ins and outs of this particular lathe. JR49

Thanks, but it's not a problem with all the download info. In fact I've been watching because while moving 'stuff' to go with the lathes I got I found some Logan paperwork. Not sure yet exactly what it is, but looks like an instruction manual of sorts.

I'm going to have to go back and look, since I haven't moved the lathe home yet, but from memory I think it has the double tool post on it. Not sure if that is a good thing or not.

I dont have a steady rest for it, and think I may want one. Maybe that is a project to undertake one day.

One thing I was going to mention, If there is a Sunbelt Rentals around you ... see if they have a drop bed trailer. I used one for my 2557 ... slick deal. They have a couple of different kinds (least the one nearest me did) one style was an 6 or 8x12 and the rear dropped right to the ground, the front dropped a few inches ... but I only had a 10" rise over 12 foot. Pretty easy to load up with pipes. I even unloaded by myself.

They do have another type that the entire deck drops to the ground, so you only have a 3-4" rise.

Am I wrong in thinking that the manual is copywrited material? I know Scott Logan still sells them.

Am I wrong in thinking that the manual is copywrited material? I know Scott Logan still sells them.

You're probably not wrong Chuck, although I really don't know. I was thinking that's why the forum software wouldn't let me upload it. I'm still hoping to hear from wa5cab about this. I'm in an area (computer land) that I have never ventured before. I want to be as helpful to the forum as I can, but am currently at a standstill unless I here from a moderator, or someone with more computer/internet knowledge than I have. JR49

JR,

Sorry for the response delay. Things have been somewhat hectic down here. Although we haven't flooded and haven't had any wind to speak of so no trees down.

The copyright issue would be an issue. If Logan still sells it, it probably is.

However, on the extension issue, what is the extension? Your screen shot shows what I assume to be the file name but shows no extension. I've never gotten this message myself so don't know for certain that the error message would show the extension. But would assume that it would be. So although I don't have a complete list of the currently allowed ones, I'm sure that "no extension" would not be on the list! When you look at the manual, what program actually opens it?

Back