Taking on a 4 year apprenticeship it seems .

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
It arrived today , all in one piece , in a box and packaged very nicely . Not a tool , but a PHONE ! :grin: An I phone that won't flip . :rolleyes: So I took it out of the box and kinda just stared at it , and then packed it back in . Impressive little thing for sure but fragile looking . I the looked and found that work also ordered me a " crash case " . :) Upon reading its specs ( good for a 12 ft drop ), I read that it was made out of " impactium " . :dunno: I searched and searched the charts but couldn't find any info on " impactium " . I'm guessing this falls below titanium somewhere down with " unobtanium " or " mysterium " ? Any one have the machinability ratings for this stuff ? :burned up:

I'm viewing this phone as kind of a 4 year learning experience , I'm sure they'll be many a laughs from all . :trip:

My work gave me an I phone. I hated that thing. My personal phone is an android. Much better in my opinion.

It arrived today , all in one piece , in a box and packaged very nicely . Not a tool , but a PHONE ! :grin: An I phone that won't flip . :rolleyes: So I took it out of the box and kinda just stared at it , and then packed it back in . Impressive little thing for sure but fragile looking . I the looked and found that work also ordered me a " crash case " . :) Upon reading its specs ( good for a 12 ft drop ), I read that it was made out of " impactium " . :dunno: I searched and searched the charts but couldn't find any info on " impactium " . I'm guessing this falls below titanium somewhere down with " unobtanium " or " mysterium " ? Any one have the machinability ratings for this stuff ? :burned up:

I'm viewing this phone as kind of a 4 year learning experience , I'm sure they'll be many a laughs from all . :trip:
I'm not in any way a phone guy either. To me they are so counter intuitive it's maddening. I've had to go to a cell because I got rid of the landline and for the last 5yrs it's been an emergency only kind of thing.It was my sons old phone and things like the voice mail didn't work because he couldn't remember the password etc. So my wife decided to get me a new phone and I'm now convinced all those people is see staring and poking their phone everywhere I go are just like me. They are trying to figure the silly thing out and aren't having any better luck.

Back