Talk To Me About 3 Jaw Set Tru Chucks

The Bison Set true is very nice. It cost, it cost nearly 2x what the lathe cost me - it is a high end machine (Smart & Brown 1024), and a good chuck made a nice addition to the capabilities.

The Bison Set true is very nice. It cost, it cost nearly 2x what the lathe cost me - it is a high end machine (Smart & Brown 1024), and a good chuck made a nice addition to the capabilities.
i have looked at one on line, but have not delved further into them as to pricing

I am not aware that the Emco 11 chuck mount, I do not think it is a D1-4? On that size lathe you will be limited by the chuck mount and also the size of the lathe, I do not see the need to spend $$ on a high end chuck like the Bison/PBA/TMX/etc. I have the 6" PBA Setrite and it sticks out quite a bit from the spindle and is heavy for a small lathe. If the Emco 11 has a bolt on chuck type then you would be limited to that type/size. If you need to center the work, you may be better off with a 6" 4J independent. If you do have a D1-4 mount then the QMT/PM chuck would be more than adequate.

I am not aware that the Emco 11 chuck mount, I do not think it is a D1-4? On that size lathe you will be limited by the chuck mount and also the size of the lathe, I do not see the need to spend $$ on a high end chuck like the Bison/PBA/TMX/etc. I have the 6" PBA Setrite and it sticks out quite a bit from the spindle and is heavy for a small lathe. If the Emco 11 has a bolt on chuck type then you would be limited to that type/size. If you need to center the work, you may be better off with a 6" 4J independent. If you do have a D1-4 mount then the QMT/PM chuck would be more than adequate.
It has a Buck 4 jaw D1-4 chuck on it now

i would not be better off with the 4 jaw, it's too slow.

Have you considered a 3 jaw cobo chuck?

Back