[4]

Tap magic

• Thread starter Deleted member 43972
  • Start date
[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!
D

Deleted member 43972

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
I was one of the contestant participants in the free-for-all for tap magic on Amazon. Can it be used as a general cutting fluid? 24 cans... I'll keep one can for a lifetime of tapping and put the 23 remaining cans in my oil cup?

MAKEITOUTOFWOOD

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member ($10)
I got mine also. Says on the can that it is good for machining. Improves finish.

T Bredehoft

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
You won't want to put it in the Oil cups, it's not really meant as a lubricant in that sense. I does lubricate the cutting tool as it removes metal from the work. There are some who think it is as good a cutting fluid as can be had. It certainly beats WD40 in that respect. It was originally developed for tapping, but it's just as good as a cutting fluid. I don't think it would work in a system with a pump and delivery tube, probably would evaporate too fast.
I bought my case, too. Lifetime supply.

D

Deleted member 43972

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
I hope you didn't think I meant the machine lube cups. But the spill free cup.

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
tap magic works great,
i used to love the old school stuff that had the 1,1,1 trichloroethylene - but that stuff is carcinogenic and unavailable anymore :confusion:

Doubleeboy

Active User
Registered
tap magic works great,
i used to love the old school stuff that had the 1,1,1 trichloroethylene - but that stuff is carcinogenic and unavailable anymore :confusion:
You can take the curent Tap magic and add a little TCE and voila you have the old stuff. TCE is available as a solvent from Brownells and lab supply houses. About 30 bucks a quart, which should make gallons of mix. Seems to work just like the old stuff which I have a little bit left.

D

Deleted member 43972

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
I’d say whoever bought the likely liquidated truck load of cases of tap magic just made a killing off this site.

kev74

Registered
I’d say whoever bought the likely liquidated truck load of cases of tap magic just made a killing off this site.
Or the guy who screwed up the pricing cleaned out his desk, did the walk of shame and is now looking for work.

woodchucker

Bronze
Registered
I hope you didn't think I meant the machine lube cups. But the spill free cup.
I'm going to use it out of the can. I have a problem with the Aluminum TapMagic evaporating quickly out of my spill free cup, even a squeeze bottle that I don't close. So these will be handy to keep it from evaporating.

wawoodman

himself, himself
Well, if anybody wants to sell just a couple of cans, speak up!

100LL

Registered
I figure it might make a decent hot sauce

[6]
[5] [7]