Tap magic

H

Hukshawn

Forum Guest
Register Today
I was one of the contestant participants in the free-for-all for tap magic on Amazon. Can it be used as a general cutting fluid? 24 cans... I'll keep one can for a lifetime of tapping and put the 23 remaining cans in my oil cup?

I got mine also. Says on the can that it is good for machining. Improves finish.

You won't want to put it in the Oil cups, it's not really meant as a lubricant in that sense. I does lubricate the cutting tool as it removes metal from the work. There are some who think it is as good a cutting fluid as can be had. It certainly beats WD40 in that respect. It was originally developed for tapping, but it's just as good as a cutting fluid. I don't think it would work in a system with a pump and delivery tube, probably would evaporate too fast.
I bought my case, too. Lifetime supply.

I hope you didn't think I meant the machine lube cups. But the spill free cup.

tap magic works great,
i used to love the old school stuff that had the 1,1,1 trichloroethylene - but that stuff is carcinogenic and unavailable anymore :confusion:

tap magic works great,
i used to love the old school stuff that had the 1,1,1 trichloroethylene - but that stuff is carcinogenic and unavailable anymore :confusion:

You can take the curent Tap magic and add a little TCE and voila you have the old stuff. TCE is available as a solvent from Brownells and lab supply houses. About 30 bucks a quart, which should make gallons of mix. Seems to work just like the old stuff which I have a little bit left.

I’d say whoever bought the likely liquidated truck load of cases of tap magic just made a killing off this site.

I’d say whoever bought the likely liquidated truck load of cases of tap magic just made a killing off this site.
Or the guy who screwed up the pricing cleaned out his desk, did the walk of shame and is now looking for work.

Back