TdeG Four-Jaw Chuck

bug_hunter

Registered
Registered
Not sure if this is the correct location to post this question. If not, please let me know.

I recently acquired the subject chuck, a 9-inch, four-jaw TdeG chuck with a backplate. Appears to be WAY to big/heavy for my South Bend 9". Can someone out there help me out with a value and market for this beast?

If you do not have any insight for me, can you suggest somewhere else for me to check?

Thanks to all!

Attachments

• IMG-0709.jpg
    IMG-0709.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG-0710.jpg
    IMG-0710.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
Founded in 1916 and based in the Spanish Basque Country, TDeG Talleres de Guernica is an internationally company recognized for the quality of its concentric and independent chucks often used as original equipment on machines. Its priorities for investments in machinery or in research and development allow it to have the most powerful tools on the market and to achieve high levels of excellence in the manufacture of its products.

This site has a DL for TdeG

I recently acquired the subject chuck, a 9-inch, four-jaw TdeG chuck with a backplate.
A picture of the back might help the members to suggest a value.

if you want a 6" 4 jaw for your SB9 I'd suggest posting a swap/ trade. Someone might have what you want and you might have what they want. Then you're just out the postage.

is the outside of the backplate threaded? And the inside tapered with a slot? If so it's an L series backplate - those are highly sought after, so you shouldn't have any problems selling it if you needed to. $300 shipped would be a pretty reasonable price for both sides of the deal.

is the outside of the backplate threaded? And the inside tapered with a slot?
The outside of the backplate is threaded for a length of about 5/8-inch. The diameter of the threaded section is about 6-inches. There is a tapered section inside for about 1-inch, then two straight steps, 7/8-inch and 1-1/8-inch. Also there is a 5/8-inch key way inside. Sounds like what you described as a L-series backplate. Can I assume the backplate is also TdeG, or another manufacturer?

I'll do a little research in the catalog Luck... noted above.

yes, sounds like an L-series backplate. You should be able to find the dimensions for the different sizes (L0, L00 etc) to figure out what you have. They're fairly rare and get snapped up quickly, I doubt you'll struggle to sell it.

Back