Teclock indicator bezel removal

U

umahunter

Forum Guest
Register Today
Does anyone know how you remove the glass bezel on a Teclock A1 921 indicator I got one in some stuff i got that works great but the glass is broken luckily I found a new replacement on ebay for like 8 bucks I've just never taken it off before not sure if it ft pops off or you have to open it ft up to pull a clip figured id ask the brain trust thanks for any input :)20180525_233119.jpg20180525_233229.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Most old crystals are destroyed in the removal process. If you can remove the bezel, you can just carefully push it out or
Use a tiny jewelers screwdriver, a .50mm, and use it like a drill to make a small hole near the bezel then use the same screwdriver to remove it., if it's plastic.
If it's glass, use a wood stick with crazy glue. Glue it to the crystal at two points, 12 and 6 O'clock, while holding the indicator in a padded vise. Pull off. Use care so you don't cut yourself.
Good luck

I have the same Teclock DI and I also got the same lense from Ebay. My lense was so bad that it wouldnt even stay in.
To remove the bezel you need to remove the rear cover. once you get inside that’s where my memory becomes a little fuzzy. It’s been a while but I’ll try to explain it. Inside is a metal bracket (not exactly sure what to call it) but it holds the bezel in. The bracket pushes on and locks in a retaining ring. Once you get the cover off look for a bracket around outside that is held on by one screw. It should be pretty obvious which screw it is. Remove that screw and the metal bracket and the bezel will pop off. If I get a chance I will take off the back cover and see if I can get a picture or explain better in detail how to do it

Thanks much appreciated I'm gonna order a new cover soon. other than that getting broken it seems to work fine I had set it aside so nothing happened to it and forgot about it. I randomly ran across the repair part looking for something else and was like oh yea I have one of those :)

Back