Teco VFD on Gorton mill help

Also, you may have to activate the RA & RB contacts in the parameters, and maybe select if they are NO or NC....

Yes the power feed motor does work.
I messed with changing the switch from the vfd control to the machine on-off switch. I had to change the settings, but it will work.
Here is a picture of the transformer and panel someone asked to see.
Just want to say Thank you for the help everyone has given me.

20180206_171729.jpg

20180206_171808.jpg

Here is the transformer after changing the jumpers for 240v

20180206_171828.jpg

there is another simple method of getting 115v to the control circuit.
if you were to omit the transformer completely and use 115v from a wall plug.
you'll need to add a suitable fuse to the hot leg of 115v, but the wiring would be simple and you could add an on/off switch or send the power through a relay operated by the VFD with some forethought

I think I would want to keep a transformer in there for isolation even if it was just 115 to 115, but yes in theory it would work, you could eliminate it
M

I would check the wiring on the drive transformer, the jumper should be from H1 to H3, and H2 to H4 for 230VAC in, 115 VAC out. Power is in is connected to H1 and H4, i.e. the coils are in parallel for 230VAC operation. You could check the output with a voltmeter with the output fuse removed. You could run the drive direct from 115 VAC, but there is some potential benefit of using the transformer which isolates the drive and limits the current. As mentioned, I do not see the need to power the drive transformer through a contactor/relay. I do not see the benefit to have it switched on by a contactor that is triggered by the VFD relay.

I tried to find a schematic for this mill, but the manual only describes the DC drive. Some of the wiring, like to the motor looks a bit crispy and may need replacing, in particular if it is being hooked up to the VFD output.

The feed motor is DC with variable speed. I has a dial on the front of the machine.

Screenshot_20180207-060111.png

An update on the progress of my mill. I replaced almost all of the electrical including one of the enclosures.
I am in the process of tearing down the top end now. I have had the bottom apart and cleaned up and replaced all the bearings and oiler systems.
I found a set of bearings on the bay for a pretty good price.

20180225_185314.jpg

20180302_173819.jpg

20180317_185455.jpg

Looking good!

Back